Smart Advanced Manufacturing and Rapid Transformation Hub (SAMARTH)
SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0 is an Industry 4.0 initiative of Ministry of Heavy Industry & Public Enterprises, Government of India under its scheme on Enhancement of Competitiveness in Indian Capital Goods Sector.
SAMARTH Udyog encompasses manufacturers, vendors and customers as the main stakeholders. The experiential and demonstration centres for Industry 4.0 have been proposed to spread awareness about I4.0 amongst the Indian manufacturing industries. Five centres of I4.0 having a unique identity for spreading awareness and branding have been sanctioned under SAMARTH Udyog. It is emphasized that these centres would have resource sharing, common platform of industry 4.0 and network each other’s resources so that the utilization of resources is maximised.
Five CEFC (Common Engineering Facility Center) Projects are:
- Center for Industry 4.0 (C4i4) Lab Pune
- IITD-AIA Foundation for Smart Manufacturing
- I4.0 India at IISc Factory R & D Platform
- Smart Manufacturing Demo & Development Cell at CMTI
- Industry 4.0 projects at DHI CoE in Advanced Manufacturing Technology, IIT Kharagpur